If you enjoy going to Japanese restaurants or eating sushi, then you have probably eaten these beans cooked fresh or as tofu. The Midori Giant Edamame Soy Bean produces high yields of large 3" pods, with flavor best described as sweet, nutty, and buttery. You can cook the beans in their pods or shell them and use them fresh in any recipe.
- Easy to grow
- Large, high-yielding pods and beans
- Sweet flavor
- Grown just like green beans
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Glycine max
- Depth to plant seeds: 1" deep
- Spacing between plants: 3"-4" apart
- Spacing between rows: 18"-24" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 5-10 days
- Germination soil temps: 65F-90F
- Soil needs: 5.5-7.5 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer, fall
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 4-6 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 80-95 days
Click here to view our full Bean grow guide.
Good companion plants: Cucumber, Pea, Rosemary, Thyme, Tomato
ADDITIONAL PLANT INFORMATION
Beans can be grown in average soil, almost anywhere in the United States. They grow best if the soil is well-drained and the summer is consistently warm. Seeds will rot in the ground in cold, damp weather. Beans like sun and water. Give them lots of both, and they'll grow fast.
🌱 🥳 The perfect gift idea
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
📚 VIEW ALL GROW GUIDES
THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR ANY OCCASION Gift a membership to the Urban Organic Gardener's Monthly Seed Club: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.club